Conventional oatmeal cookies typically take raisins, but raisins simply aren’t a keto-friendly option.
You could, of course, add a tiny amount of them in, but it really wouldn’t be worth your while. There would be so few of them, the flavour wouldn’t come through.
Similarly to my keto, coconut flakes and sliced almonds become the replacement for the oats.
You simply give them a whiz in the food processor to break them up a little more and you get that perfect keto oatmeal consistency.
It’s really quite remarkable how much it resembles oatmeal in both taste and texture.
Then you proceed the way you would with any low carb cookie recipe.
SUGAR-FREE OATMEAL COOKIES
Sugar-free cookies are great for keto snacks or keto treats because they contain so much butter. Make sure you use a good quality butter that is grass-fed.
Cream the butter and sweetener together, add an egg and some vanilla, and stir in the “oatmeal” and flour. Scoop them up, roll them into balls and bake.
It’s a pretty simple formula but it really works for those oatmeal cookies carvings.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- half cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 large egg room temperature
- half of tsp vanilla
- 1/four cup dark chocolate chips, sugar-loose
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a massive baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In the bowl of a meals processor, combine the flaked coconut and sliced almonds.
- Process until combination resembles oatmeal. Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and pulse a few instances to mix.
- In a massive bowl, beat butter with sweetener till creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract after which beat in coconut/almond aggregate till nicely mixed. Stir in chocolate chips through the hand.
- Form into balls a little over 1 inch in diameter and vicinity 2 inches aside on organized baking sheet.
- With the heel of your hand, press cookies all the way down to about half of inch thickness.
- Bake 15 to 18 mins, till golden brown around the rims and simply slightly firm to touch.
- Remove and allow cool on pan.